Are you a dedicated and driven PR specialist looking to take the next step in your career?
We’re looking for an ambitious Account Manager to join our award-winning team in Leyland, working across some of Britain’s best known FMCG brands!
MTJA is expanding its horizons and moving into new areas for its clients, and as a key member of our team you’ll be integral in working with us to shape our future.
Based just outside Preston, MTJA works with a high profile FMCG client base, driving awareness for a plethora of Britain’s best-loved brands including IRN-BRU, Maryland Cookies, Jammie Dodgers, Rustlers and Swan filters – to name a few!
Take a look at our job spec below – if you think you’ve got what it takes to join MTJA, send your CV along with a cover letter to Anne Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us why you’re right for us.
We’re waiting to hear from YOU!
Leading Lancashire PR agency, MTJ Associates, is looking for a dedicated and driven B2B Account Manager to strengthen its award-winning team.
The agency has one of the UK’s best client retention records and has set its sights on expansion, broadening its work for current clients and moving into new areas, having already built an outstanding reputation in the field of retail trade communications.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of numerous MTJA clients and play an active part in new business, working in an agency that prides itself on the outstanding quality of its work and its team spirit.
The agency is looking for someone who can bring fresh ideas and impetus, with a really positive attitude which will play a major role in the agency’s future development.
As our new Account Manager, you’ll have:
- At least 4 years’ agency experience
- An interest in B2B PR and marketing (preferred, but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Great organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- A passion for PR, with the capacity to excel across a broad communication spectrum, including digital and social media
- Confidence in presentations, both in development and delivery
- Experience in event planning and management (a plus, but not essential)
- An eye for an opportunity, to develop existing client relations and to attract new clients to the agency
- Proven account management skills
- A creative spark that will inspire people around them
- Strategic planning skills
- New business experience
- A personality that works well within a close knit, team environment
- The confidence to introduce new ideas and working practices
What will you be doing?
- Drafting press office materials including press releases, features, case studies and advertorials
- Interviewing retailers and suppliers, to generate content for the press office programme
- Managing projects and ensuring deadlines are met, both internally and externally
- Overseeing junior team members and providing ongoing support and encouragement
- Social media planning, management and implementation, including ideas generation and drafting posts, when required
- Acting as an integral part of the MTJA new business drive, including building pitch presentations, assisting with research, and pitching
- Assisting in the planning, management and delivery of media events and face-to-face briefings
In return he/she will:
- Work with some of Britain’s most popular FMCG brands
- Benefit from a structured career path in an agency that nurtures talent
- Be hands on in all areas of the business, building on your existing account management skills
- Benefit from a company profit sharing scheme and incentives to attract new business
- Join an agency where the team is bigger than any individual
- Enjoy a great working environment where colleagues respect and work for each other
- Be given the chance to help shape MTJAs’ future development